Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Week 1 Review


I have decided to document each week of Hammer & Chisel so that I can really give you a good overview of the program and the results that I get at the end. I hope that this helps you either get through your own journey with Hammer & Chisel or decide whether or not you want to give this program a try. 

WEEK 1 - REVIEW 


First off - this program is honestly AWESOME! If you didn't know this about me already, I'm a complete Insanity freak! Otherwise knows as an "insaniac". I love Insanity and I consider it my "soul-mate" workout! But then Hammer & Chisel came along. I have to admit that I wasn't sure if I was really going to do well with this program since I can't do much with my left-shoulder still.....but I've been very encouraged by the fact that I can do almost everything, minus pushups and burpees! That really makes me happy!

Overall Takeaway From Week 1:


  • I didn't really follow my Meal-Plan 100% during my first week. I plan on really tightening this up in week 2! I really want to see results and I will not be able to accomplish that without tightening up my nutrition. 
  • My bench is really unstable which makes me nervous during certain moves. I need to get a more stable bench
  • I can increase my weights already
  • Even though I haven't lost a single pound, I can already see changes in my body and the strength and I'm gaining! 
  • This is a fun way to get in weight-training for someone who might be a little bit nervous about it at home
  • You can 100% do this at home even if you don't have all of the equipment that a gym would have!
One of the things that I like the best about this program is the variety. I am on my second week and I have yet to repeat a workout. It keeps things fresh and interesting and you are always doing something different with your body. I also like the fact that in both of the workouts, Chisel & Hammer, there is a modifier there showing you how to do everything if you don't have the proper equipment. Don't have a bench? No problem, the modifier will show you what to do on either a stability ball or the floor. Don't have a pullup bar or station? No problem, the modifier will show you how to use a resistance band to accomplish the same thing. The workouts are also a really good length. Some are as short as 18 minutes and others are as long as 45. So as long as you're looking at your calendar the day before and planning accordingly, it is an easy program to fit into any schedule. 

Here is a breakdown of the equipment and what you could use as substitution:

  • Bench. Alternately you can use a stability ball, step, or just the floor.
  • Pullup Station. Alternately you can use a doorframe pullup bar, an assistance band attached to your pullup station or doorframe pullup bar, or resistance tubes w/ door attachment.
  • Dumbbells ---- you just need a nice variety of weights for the program. You'll find that you will be able to increase your weights quickly and that there are a wide-variety of moves within each workout that will require different levels of weights (for example: upper body you will probably use less weight than you will with lower body). 
Week 2 Meal Plan
Week 1 Summary: 

I had a really good week learning the workout style of Sagi and getting re-familiar with Autumn. They work really well together and they have a great chemistry when they do things together - like in Master's Cardio. I am looking forward to the remaining 7 weeks in this program and I can't wait to share it with you!

My workout space! Thankful for my garage space!

Day 1 Back and Side

Day 1 Front




If you are ready to get started with your Hammer & Chisel journey with me CLICK HERE to order your Challenge Pack with Shakeology.


If you would prefer to get set up with Hammer & Chisel using the Performance Line Supplements instead of Shakeology, CLICK HERE!


Once you've ordered, please send me a message HERE and I will connect with you! Look forward to working with you and helping you reach your goals!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete