Sunday, November 2, 2014

Relaxing Sunday...

It's funny that the time changed last night because it's like the weather knew it and decided to fall right in line. It was definitely chilly for Florida today! I like it because I can wear the few things that I can't wear very often here. But it was funny to see the Tampa-folk out with their beanies and coats on.

I had a pretty relaxing day today though. Went to church this morning for another session of Action65. It's a program that a friend of mine has created that promotes clean eating. I've been on the program now for about 6 weeks and it's been going well. My body can tell when I'm not eating clean. Lol. We've been watching this documentary called "Fed Up" for the last couple of sessions. We're going to finish it up next time. It's a really eye-opening documentary though. 

After that I went over to the house of one of the ladies in the church for the Healthy You Club meeting that we have one/month. We had good discussion that learned how to make homemade dressing and different kinds of smoothies. 

I had an eye appointment today as well. I've been feeling like my right eye has gotten weaker over the last few months, so I wanted to get it checked out. I was definitely right. All this time I've had the same prescription for both eyes. Well, now I'll have a more powerful one for my right eye. Oh well, this is what happens with age, I guess. Lol. But I'm glad I got it figured out.

I had to fight the Sunday crowd at Walmart today too. Never fun! But this last two weeks I haven't made a dinner menu like I usually do and I've felt it. Just makes me feel so unorganized and pressed for time. So this morning I made my menu for the week and shopped for that. I'm excited for some of the recipes that I'll be making this week. They're going to be yummy! 

The rest of today had been spent doing some light cleaning around the house and watching football. Definitely a nice way to end the weekend! It was definitely weird to have the sun be down before 6:00 though. I'm not a huge fan of non-daylight savings months, if I'm honest. I like my long days.

Tomorrow is the start of a new work week. This week is going to be very busy week. Hopefully it'll go by quickly because I have a 4-day weekend next weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment