Monday, November 24, 2014

To Be A Blessing....

This morning I was sitting back reflecting on my weekend and how quickly it flew by. Every weekend goes faster than the last. Most of the time the weekend is packed with events that prepare me for the week ahead; but rarely are they filled with things that directly help others. Maybe in someway the things that I do positively impact others; but it's not like I participate in activities every weekend that make a direct impact on someone's life.

This weekend I was blessed to be given the opportunity to do so.

The Women's Choir at my church was invited to go sing at an Assisted Living Facility where one of our choir members works. Sometimes you're not quite sure how you're going to be received at an event like this. I mean, just because you're older and living in a facility such as this doesn't mean that you want to have a bunch of ladies singing to you while you're enjoying your Saturday afternoon sandwich and social hour.

However, this group of people loved it! I felt very blessed and privileged to be a part of what put a smile on their face that afternoon. It made me understand what Christ was saying in Matthew 25:36, "I was naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you came unto me." When we are a blessing to others, we are serving Christ by showing His love. I don't know the situation of each person that was sitting there thar afternoon. I would like to believe that they all have family who comes to visit them... but from what I've experienced and been told, that is more often not the case. So if our group was the first visitor at least one person had in who knows how long, then that's all that matters.

It truly is a blessing to be a blessing to another person and I'm thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to serve Him in that way on Saturday afternoon!

John 13:35
"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love one for another."

No comments:

Post a Comment