Tuesday, May 31, 2016

App Review: Waze

WAZE TRAFFIC APP OFFICIAL REVIEW


Image result for waze


In an effort to share some of my FAVORITE things with you all, I decided to pick my current favorite new app to do a review on! 

I have always been one to just open up the Google Maps app on my phone and roll with that. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly nothing wrong with that app. It's reliable and most everyone uses it. However, I was recently told about Waze and I decided to give it a shot.

THE PURPOSE OF ME USING WAZE

 I don't use the Waze to get to work in terms of needing directions, but I did need something to alert me to traffic delays and/or possible congested areas due to accidents and such since I commute to AND from work during rush hours and am constantly running into DEAD STOPPED traffic with no warning, which makes me 2-5 minutes late to work more often than I care to have happen. 

SOME REALLY USEFUL FEATURES

The cool thing about Waze is that it's a community-based traffic app, so other drivers are sharing information about accidents, cars pulled over on the shoulder, traffic stops, etc. real-time so that everyone is aware of what's coming up. Also, Waze isn't scared to take you off the beaten path to get to your destination in the quickest amount of time! I actually REALLY love this part of the app because I've gotten to see some areas of Tampa that I hadn't seen before. Haha. All of a sudden the Navigation will redirect you to save you a few minutes when it gets notice of a traffic slow-down and it will occasionally take you through residential areas to get there. I've seen some of the coolest houses around here that I'm sure I never would have stumbled across otherwise.

If you're a business person and you know that your colleagues use Waze, you can send them messages if you're all connected to Facebook. How cool would it be to be able to send or receive a quick message saying that you're 3 minutes delayed to your meeting due to an accident on the road! With Waze, it's easy to do that. 

Another cool thing is that Waze also remembers what time you usually do things. For example, if I open up my app at the same time every morning, it knows that I'm going to work and it will automatically start my navigation to work. Now, if I happen to be going somewhere else I just have to change it; but how cool that it remembers where you are usually headed to and it's ready to just point you in the right direction as soon as you open it up!

Plus, how cute is this interface?! I love it!

FINAL THOUGHTS

This innovative app is definitely the navigation app of the future. Sorry Google maps, I've found something that gets me to my destination quicker! I really enjoy the varied routes that Waze is willing to take me on to get my to my destination as quickly as possible, and I appreciate the ability to be able to communicate with other Waze users, report traffic incidents in real-time to help other drivers, and just the overall ease of use of this app. I have to say that I haven't opened Google Maps since I've started using Waze and I'm pretty sure I won't be. I'm an official "Waze-believer"! 

Try it out! Let me know what you think! 

☆☆This review was NOT sponsored in any way by Waze. I got no free product from the company in an agreement to write this review. I just love sharing stuff that works well for me☆☆


1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with your post. Love it!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete