Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Buddha Bowl Series: Superfoods Taco Bowl



SUPERFOOD TACO BOWL (BUDDHA BOWL SERIES)


So last night was my first attempt at the world of Buddha Bowls and I have to say that I was super impressed. I was full and it tasted fantastic. So I was excited to give another one a go! 

This one was kind of  a Mexican-flare, which was appropriate since it's Tuesday (you know......taco Tuesday....nevermind)

Anywho....I will say that this one was A LOT less prep than the first one that I did. I like this too too because you can make it either vegan or non-vegan. I opted the vegan route since I don't eat meat; but I'll give you the ingredients for both varieties below. 

This one seriously got rave reviews. My husband absolutely loved it! It's always a good feeling when you're able to provide a tasty, healthy meal for your spouse! As a wife, that makes me feel really good!

Seriously soooo tasty!!!!


RECIPE:

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients:
FOR ROASTED BEEF/VEGGIE CRUMBLES
1/2 lb. Greensbury Market Organic Grass-Fed Beef (For Vegetarian/Vegan option use 1/2 package Beyond Meat crumbles)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1.5 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
⅕ teaspoon sea salt

FOR THE BOWLS
1 Cup Brown Rice, cooked
1/2 pound of cooked meat OR 1/2 package of meat alternative
1 cup  raw Kale
1/2 cup Original Hummus
1/2 Cup Sprouts
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup salsa

DIRECTIONS:

For the Beef/Meat Alternative
First, preheat skillet to medium/high heat. Then, cook ground beef and stir continuously until slightly browned. Add in apple cider vinegar and spices and continue cooking until fully cooked

For the bowls
Separate out the ground beef/meat alternative into 2 servings. Then add in ½ cup cooked brown rice, 1/4 cup hummus, ½ cup raw kale, ¼ cup sprouts, ¼ cup diced tomatoes, and 1/4 cup salsa to each bowl.

EAT UP!

And that's it!! Another easy Buddha Bowl Recipe! Comment below if you make it and love it! 

Want to follow me on Social Media? Click HERE

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete